Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cultural Diversity in Hanover

Brazilian BBQ
Tulio & me
 One of the things that has really impressed me about Tuck is the cultural diversity. That might sound ironic given that Tuck is located in Hanover, a New England town with less than 10,000 residents, and even more ironic since this comment is coming from a former New York City chick. Hear me out on this: a third of our student body is of international origin. So while we may not have the most diverse community surrounding Hanover, the international students contribute a great deal of cultural diversity to our school both in the class and out.

As a die hard foodie, one of my favoite things about going to school with so many international students is that I've been able to try all of their favorite foods from their home country. The Tuck administration really makes a point to celebrate every culture here at Tuck, so we frequently have Brazilian barbeques (the best steak I've ever had!), Diwali celebrations (curry heaven), and China-Korea-Japanese Day Party (mind blowing dumplings) in addition to number of other international events. In addition to being incredibly smart, my classmates are wicked good cooks and I'm so thankful that they're willing to share all their traditions and holidays with us!

T'12 Student Performers at China Night Party
The ladies did a very elegant Chinese dance performance at the
party while Yang did a popular Chinese rap complete with nunchucks!


Diwali Celebration
Pre-performance Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment